WINSTON-SALEM, NC (Oct. 8, 2015) – At Blue Rhino® (BlueRhino.com), we can’t wait for tailgate season! We love to celebrate game day with friends and fantastic barbecue at our favorite team’s parking lot or in our own backyards.
The Blue Rhino family of brands includes both the number one brand in tank exchange, as well as an impressive line of innovative, premier barbecue accessories and outdoor lifestyle tools by Mr. Bar-B-Q®. Just in time for tailgating season, here are some useful tips for creating winning moments for your tailgate:
1. Prep food.
- Use a burger press to make perfectly formed burgers that transport well.
- Pre-assemble kabobs on skewers
- Cut vegetables and fruits, and put into zipped plastic bags.
- Season or marinate chicken wings, ribs or steaks the night before.
- Pack your gear.
- Grill – Clean the grill so it’s ready to go. If it’s a propane grill, be sure to have a fresh propane tank on hand to ensure you don’t run out of gas during the tailgate. Blue Rhino tank exchange is conveniently available at more than 45,000 retail locations nationwide.
- Grill accessories – Keep grilling accessories in a plastic bin that’s easy to pack, carry, and wash out. Be sure to include long-handled tongs and spatulas, plus a meat thermometer for food safety.
- Food & drink – Remove food from the refrigerator and pack the cooler just before leaving the house. Food should be kept at 40 degrees fahrenheit. Pack drinks in a separate cooler to keep food from getting flattened by heavy cans and bottles.
- Prepare the grill. For additional flavor, use wood smoking chips or a cedar grilling planks. Or place moistened fresh herbs such as basil, sage, rosemary and thyme directly on the grill to release flavors.
- Light the fire. If you’re using a charcoal grill, use a chimney starter in lieu of lighter fluid. Within 15 minutes, you’ll be ready to grill – without the taste and smell of lighter fluid on the food.
- Stagger grilling so everything’s done at the same time. Start with food items that take the longest to grill.
- Use tongs to turn the food – but not too often. Browning meats gives them a delicious flavor and aroma. Don’t press, flatten or pierce the meat; flavorful juices will be lost and may cause flare-ups.
- Change up your menu. Mr. Pizza™ grilling accessories help tailgaters and backyard chefs create delicious, perfectly cooked “pies” on the grill. It’s one of today’s top grilling trends. Visit the website for tasty grilled pizza recipes.
- Serve everyone’s favorite campfire treat. The Hershey’s S’mores Grilling Tray makes up to four gooey s’more at a time – with less muss and fuss, and more fun.
- Show some extreme team spirit. After the grill has completely cooled down, use a Mr. Bar-B-Q collegiate team grill cover to protect your grill from the elements,
- Check out more tailgate-friendly recipes and tips at BlueRhino.com.
# # #
About Blue Rhino
In 1994, Blue Rhino – named for the color of a propane flame and the endangered animal – launched America’s first branded propane tank exchange service. Today, Blue Rhino is more than propane, with a full line of products that create family time and special moments in the backyard, patio and home. Offering convenience, innovation and affordable luxury, Blue Rhino’s outdoor living products include grills, barbecue tools and accessories, patio heaters, firepits, fireplace accessories, mosquito traps, furniture/grill covers and more sold under such brands as Mr. Bar-B-Q®, Mr. Pizza™, Endless Summer®, UniFlame®, Backyard Basics and SkeeterVac®. Blue Rhino’s leading propane exchange brand is available at more than 45,000 retail stores in 50 states and Puerto Rico and is based in Winston-Salem, N.C. Blue Rhino is a division of Ferrellgas, L.P. For more information, visit bluerhino.com.
Note to editors: To receive Blue Rhino product samples or images, please contact Cynthia Greenwood at 847-404-8404 or Cynthia@newsmark.com.